* Broadcom Corp. – rose $1.18 (8.4%) na $15.10. The world’s biggest maker of cable-modem chips said its Q1 loss narrowed to 25c/share from, compared with a 63-c/share loss in the year-earlier period.
* Advanced Micro Devices Inc. – the maker of personal-computer microprocessors said its Q1 loss was 42c a share. The company lost 3c a share in the year earlier period.
* AMR Corp. – American Airlines flight attendants approved $340mio in job, pay and benefit cuts, reversing yesterday’s rejection of the concessions the carrier has been seeking to avoid bankruptcy protection.
* Boston Communication Group Inc. – the seller of prepaid wireless telephone services said in a release that, excluding some costs, it would have had a Q1 profit of 21c a share. It had been expected to earn 14c, according to average estimate.
* Sun Microsystems Inc. – the computer-server maker said it had sales in Q3 ended March 30 of $2.79bn from $3.11bn. Market was expecting $2.93bn.
* Verizon Communication – in talks to sell European Yellow-Pagse stakes, people familiar say.