* AMR Corp. – rose as high as $3.40 in after-market trading (vs. regular close of $3.08). Pilots at AMR’s American Airlines failed to convince a judge to suspend voting on $660mio in job, pay and benefit cuts needed to help the carrier avoid bankruptcy.
* IBM Corp. – rose as high as $81.60 in after-market trading (vs. regular close $80.07). The computer maker said Q1 net income was 79c a share, compared with profit from continuing operations of 73c a year earlier.
* Novellus Systems Inc. – fell as low as $25.75 in after-market trading (vs. regular close of $27.35). The semiconductor equipment maker said Q2 earnings will be 5c/share, First Call estimate was 9c/share.
* Rambus Inc. – fell as low as $15.35 in after-market trading (vs. regular close of $15.76). The computer-chip designer said net income for the second quarter ended March 31 fell to 5c/share from 7c/share a year earlier.
* AOL Time Warner Inc. – the media company may have overstated revenue by $1.7bn, according to an amended lawsuit being filed today by the Minnesota State Board of Investments.
* Gateway Inc. – the personal-computer maker reduced sales for 2001, 2000 and 1999 because of changes in the way it accounts for warranties on its personal computers.