* PepsiAmericas Inc. - The bottler of PepsiCo drinks said in a statement sent by Business Wire that Q1 earnings excluding some costs were 5 to 6 cents a share. It had been expected to earn 12 cents, the average estimate of analysts surveyed by Thomson Financial.
* Bank One – considers buying Sears's $30.8 million card portfolio, executive says
* Microsoft - adds lower-priced packages with upgrade of Office 2003 program
* Qwest Communications - fell as low as $3.47 at 5:39 p.m. in after-hours trading. (regular colse @ $3.58). The telephone company, which inflated sales by $2.21 billion, missed a filing deadline for its 2002 report because an audit of earlier financial statements isn't done
* Continental Airlines Inc. - The carrier said that March passenger traffic, or miles flown by paying passengers, fell 8.3 percent over last year. Continental's Class B shares rose 46 cents to $5.58
* Air Canada - files for bankruptcy, gets $700 million credit from GE Capital