• Rocket industry. Industrial production increased by 15.4% y/y in February. Most sectors reached double digit production growth while strong industry should be also positively reflected in GDP.
• Strong construction. Construction output increased by 32.5% y/y in February. This growth is mostly due to very mild weather during this month, but sector also confirmed its upward trend.
• Czech Republic state debt reached CZK
811.7bn at the end of March, i.e. CZK
9bn more than in December last year.
• Slovakia’s balance of trade for February ended in deficit of SKK 2.05bn in contrast to expectations for moderate surplus. Exports grew by 27.4% y/y while imports by 15.7%.
• Czech National Bank state that March year-on-year inflation was 0.1% below forecast. Prices growth without fuels indicates that inflation pressures remain moderate.