• Producers’ price index increased in March by 0.5% m/m and by 3.6% y/y. Core production inflation increased to 3.8% while figures overcame expectations overall.
• Slovakia’s harmonised inflation increased to 2.1% in March from February’s 2.0%. Prices increased by 0.1% m/m.
• US balance of trade deficit decreased to USD
58.4bn in February while market estimated deficit of USD
60bn. Producers‘ price index increased by 1.0% in March, core index remained unchanged m/m.
• Member of Czech National Bank board Robert Holman said that he did not see any reason for interest rates hike at the moment. Accor
ding to him, economy is growing faster but without signs of overheating. Most probably we can expect longer period of stable rates, added Holman, saying that he was not sure for how long can this period last.
• Consumers‘ confidence index in the USA measured by Michigan University decreased to 85.3 in April which is below market expectation of 87.5.