* Agilent Technologies - rose 18 cents, or 1.2%, to $15.69 after the close of U.S. exchanges. Co rpt'd 2Q loss narrowed from a year earlier.
* Nordstrom - rose $1.04, or 6.6%, to $16.90 after mkt closed. JWN said Q1 net expected to be .35-.40 vs analysts' consensus of .35
* Medtronic said after the close that net income rose to .40 a share in 4Q ended April 25 from .25 a year earlier as sales rose more than analysts had est'd
* Wells Fargo - agreed to buy Pacific NW Bancorp for about $623mn in stock
* Safeco said claims from tornadoes and hailstorms in the last two months will lower second-quarter profit by 42 cents a share.
* IBM is cutting 4,744 jobs related to its $3.5 billion acquisition of PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP's business-consulting unit last year, the company said in a regulatory filing
* Home Depot was indicated to fall as much as 1.8 percent in Germany. The company will probably say before the U.S. market opens that first-quarter profit slipped 3.4 percent to $826.7 million, according to analysts surveyed by Thomson Financial.