• According to (12
EUR, 0,43%) Financial, CSA are negotiating about possible takeover with (228
EUR, 0,02%), Air France-KLM, Korean Air and several financial investors. However, both CSA and the Ministry of Finance have denied this information.
• The parliament passed a budget proposal for the next year in the first reading. The proposal counts on a deficit of CZK
• The Central Bank of China wants to tighten the monetary policy and introduce full convertibility of the Juan faster, the target being the reduction of fast growing loans. The time schedule has not been determined yet.
• The Slovakian Statistical Office has revised the economy growth for 2006 from 8.3% to 8.8%.
• A former managing director of Fed Greenspan expects the mortgage crisis to have negative impact on private consumption. However, according to him, the American economy should not fall into recession.
• The unemployment rate in Poland reached 11.6% in September and revenues from retail increased by 14.2% y/y in the same month.