• A representative of Chinese parliament stated that China should diversify its foreign currency reserves so that strong currencies, e.g. the Euro
, would offset falls of others, e.g. the US dollar. He added that his statement should not be interpreted as implying that China should be purchasing Euros.
• Basic grain crop should increase by 10.7% compared to last year. Potato crop should increase by 21.2%, according to the Czech Statistical Office.
• American President proposed tightening of import conditions in order to avoid import of dangerous food and other products. According to Bush, the current system of identifying dangerous products on the border is getting unreliable.
• Eurozone revenues from retail increased by 1.6% y/y in September compared to the market´s expectation of 2.0%. Producer´s price index increased by 2.7% y/y compared to the consensus estimate of 2.6%.
• Polish Ministry of Labour estimates that the unemployment rate declined from 11.6% in September to 11.3% in October.