* Coca-Cola, Ford, J.P. Morgan Chase, Merrill Lynch and Catterpillar – among companies scheduled to release earnings before the market opens.
* Sun Microsystems, Advanced Micro Devices and Apple Computer – due to release earnings figures after market close.
* Allstate Corp. – expected earnings for the year to be $3.35-$3.50 this year, an increase from previous forecast of $3.20-$3.40.
* Intel Corp. – said Q1 net income was $915mio ($0.14/share) on sales of $6.75bn.
* Microsoft Corp. – said Q3 net income was $0.26/share vs. expected $0.24.
* Motorola Inc. – said Q1 net income was $0.07/share vs. a net loss of $0.20 for the year earlier.
* Pimco Advisors – ends public spat with General Electric as fund buys commercial paper.
* Seagate Technology – said Q3 earnings were $0.37/share vs. expected $0.27/share.
* Texas Instruments Inc. – said Q1 net income was $0.07/share vs. loss of $0.02 a year earlier, and expected $0.06/share.