* Analog Devices Inc. – rose $1.38 na $35.38. The semiconductor maker said in a statement that net income in the second quarter ended May 3 rose more than it expected and this quarter’s sales may rise 3% to 5% from the second quarter’s $501.9mio.
* BEA Systems Inc. – rose 29c to $11.44. The software maker said that Q1 profit rose more than sixfold as sales incresed 5.5% to $237.7mio.
* Computer Associates International Inc. – rose $1.51 to $19.70. The software maker had a narrower loss in Q4 ended March 31 as revenue increased more than analysts had expected.
* Intuit Inc. – rose $2.36 to $41.34. The world’s biggest maker of tax-preparation software said profit more than doubled in the third quarter ended April 30.
* IBM Corp. – the computer maker’s CEO Sam Palmisano, declined to offer a forecast of when technology spending might rebound.
* Revlon Inc. – the cosmetics maker controlled by financier Ronald Perelman expects to seek an amendment relaxing requirements on its bank-credit agreement by early next year because of continued losses.