* AMR Corp. – a group of pilots from AMR unit American Airlines plans to ask a federal court to suspend voting on a labour agreement that would provide $660mio in savings and help parent AMR Corp. avoid bankruptcy.
* Citigroup – overtakes J.P. Morgan as leading provider of corporate financing. Citigroup consumer-banking gains help S. Weill boost profit amid stock slump.
* Walt Disney Co. – warns that SARS is hurting business, Independent says.
* General Electric Co. – wins EU antitrust approval to buy Jenbacher.
* Worldcom – to change brand name to MCI, names Robert Blakely CFO.
* Intel Corp. – will shut down its 18-month old custom chip unit as the company seeks to concentrate on chips for PC’s.
* Rite Aid – rose 10% on Friday in US after it confirmed it obtained a new $2bn credit facility.
* Earningsseason today – Accenture, BoA, Citigroup, Fannie Mae, Rambus, Unisys, IBM