* Dell Computer Corp. – fell $1.03 to $31.51 after exchanges closed. The personal computer maker, which said Q1 profit rose 31%, expects sales this quarter of more than $9.7bn. Analysts had expected $9.75bn on average.
* Biogen Inc. – the drugmaker’s Amevive proriasis treatment is likely to trail rival drugs by Amgen Inc., Genentech Inc. and Xoma Ltd.
* Citrix Systems Inc. – the maker of software used to share programmes over networks said that it’s buying back as much as $200mio in common stock.
* Genentech Inc. – the biotechnology company moved closer to winning U.S. approval of its Xolair asthma injection, which Tanox Inc. helped develop, by persuading a government panel that the drug works.
* Interpublic Group of Cos. – the advertising company said the U.S. IRS has alleged that it owes $41.5mio for three years of unpaid taxes.
* Kohl’s Corp. – the low-price department-store chain said Q1 earnings rose 4.1% as it had the slowest pace of sales growth in 11 years.
* Intel Corp. – general story on Bloomberg quoting analysts saying Intel may cut its 2003 budget for new factories and equipment to $3bn, from the $3.5-3.9bn it plans now, after yday’s plans to lower chip production.