* Millenium Pharmaceuticals Inc. – rose 75c to $14.30 after markets close. The drug developer said in a statement that its experimental treatment for inflamation of the large intestine helped patients in a study.
* Synopsis Inc. – rose $2.65 to $53.55 after exchanges closed. The company whose softrware is used to design computer chips earned 80c a share in the second quarter ended May 3.
* Aetna Inc. – the health insurer will announce today that it has settled a class-action lawsuit brought by about 600,000 doctors who claimed the company unfairly cut their reimbursements.
* Altana AG – the drugmaker said in a statement distributed by newswires that its asthma treatment Roflumilast improved lung function in a study with patients with chronic, stable asthma.
* J.P. Morgan – is ordered to explain Enron transactions, FT says.
* Barnes & Noble – company will report Q1 results today. Consensus EPS is -$0.09.
* GAP Inc. – company will report Q1 results after the close. Consensus EPS is $0.21