* Siebel Systems Inc. – the maker of customer-service software said it’s conducting an internal review of the circumstances involving recent statements reported by CBS MarketWatch to have been made by its executives.
* Altria Group Inc. – the owner of the world’s largest cigarette maker may rise to $48 in the next 12 months as investors become less wary of its litigation risks, Morgan Stanley analyst David Adelman said in Barron’s.
* Bank One Corp. – The credit card issuer probably won’t bid on Sears, Roebuck & Co’s card unit, Barron’s reported.
* Costco Wholesale Corp. – the warehouse-club store chain may rise to $45 in two years because of same store sales growth and increasing sales at recently opened locations.
* AOL Time Warner, Bertelsmann in talks on music merger, WSJ says.
* BB&T Corp. – plans to sell USD2bn in securities to reduce short-term debt, according to filing with the SEC.
* First Data Corp. – the credit-card processor said in a statement that it’s re-filing a merger report on its proposed purchase of Concord EFS Inc. and is withdrawing the original document.