* Altria Group asked an Illinois state judge to reduce a $12 billion deposit required to appeal his ruling that the tobacco company used deceptive advertising.
* Alcoa had profit of .23/share in 1Q vs analysts' consensus of .19
* InfoSpace is firing 115 workers, or 20 percent of its staff.
* Micron Technology may rise with help from proposed tariffs on South Korean rival Hynix Semiconductor, Barron's reported.
* Siebel Systems said first-quarter net income fell as much as 95 percent to as low as $3 million. Sales were as low as $330 million vs expected $368.9mn
* Sears Plans to Open 5 Stand-Alone Test Stores to Lure Shoppers From Malls
* Buffett Lauds Amazon's `Courage,' Then Buys $98 Million of Its Junk Bonds
* McDonald's Aims to Double Outlets in India to Serve a Growing Middle Class