* Autodesk Inc. – fell 73c to $14.81 after the close of U.S. markets. The maker of software for designing bridges and buildings, whose profit fell in the quarter ended April 30, said earnings this quarter won’t meet analyst’s expectations.
* Credence Systems Inc. – fell 53c to $7.38 after exchange closed. The semiconductor testing gear maker said in a statement that it will sell $150mio in convertible debt.
* Marvell Technology Group Ltd. – rose $2.25 to $29.83 after exchanges closed. The semiconductor maker said in a statement that net income was 3c a share in the first quarter ended May 3 as sales rose more that analysts had expected after nine straight quarterly losses.
* Walt Disney Co. – the media company said that it may sell its Disney Stores unit in North America and Europe. Disney Store chain president Peter Whitford quit.
* Gap Inc. – the largest U.S. clothing chain said that net income in the first quarter ended May 3 rose more than fivefold and sales climbed by the largest amount in 2 years.
* HCA Inc. – the biggest U.S. hospital chain said that Q2 pretax profit will be reduced by $110mio to $130mio as it abandons work on a new billign system.
* Novell Inc. – the company whose software id used to manage computer networks said its net loss narrowed to 8c/share from 48c/share one year ago.